Re: How do I delete an engagement program?

Parker_Pearson
Level 2

How do I delete an engagement program?

Hi:  I have some old engagement programs that I was testing.  I've removed all contacts, all content, all streams. I've turned them off.  I cannot delete them and I want them out of my Marketo.  How do you do that?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Does it give you an error?

Why not archive them instead? If you delete, you will lose their data....although since you removed the leads and content, you already lost the data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also turn the engagement program off by going to the setup tab and in "program status" just select off. That would ensure no one is getting emails from the program.
Parker_Pearson
Level 2

No - these have no meaningful data and I want them GONE.  When I try - they say they can't be deleted because a resource is still in use - but the resource listed is itself - the enagagement campaign.  This is literally a shell with nothing in it - but it won't delete!
Parker_Pearson
Level 2

I'm trying to do file tree cleanup.  There are no contacts or content to send.  I just want this GONE.  They are cluttering up my already busy file system.  It says I can delete it (there'a menu item) but the sucker just goes around on itslef saying that because it exists - I can't delete it.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There must be some sort of campaign referencing this program. Find it with Campaign Inspector and delete that.

otherwise, Archive it or check with support.