SOLVED

How do I create a very basic 30 day email send using Engagement Program?

Go to solution
kristalklug
Level 2

How do I create a very basic 30 day email send using Engagement Program?

Hi. 
I need help in building a basic engagement program that sends an email every 30 days. The goal is to have new members sent a welcome email then after 30 days sent that same email. Again, an email is immediately sent once added to the program. After 30 days, those people are re-sent the same email at the same time new members are being added to the program.
That being said, I currently have in my engagement program the following:
smart list: find people who have a criteria - in person transaction: is not empty
flow (runs daily): add people to engagement program
engagement program: has one email and casts weekly on a Thursday. 

What are my next steps? I want to keep adding new people to the engagement program while re-sending the same email 30 days to those people who used to be "new", but now are "old" because they already received the email.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How do I create a very basic 30 day email send using Engagement Program?

If the flow is purely: send an email, wait 30 days, then send the same email - and there is no desire to have other scheduled emails, then I would suggest an email engagement program is overkill.

You could simply have one smart campaign, triggered by your initial criteria. Send email. Wait 30 days. Send the same email, with a choice step to exclude certain people from the second send if that's required. 

No real need to do anything more than that if that's the ask. An engagement program can't wait exactly 30 days without switching streams with a separate smart campaign, and it can't send "immediately" - it needs to wait for the next cast, even if that's daily. So I'm not sure it can accomplish what you need. As soon as you think "this needs to happen immediately", you're talking a triggered smart campaign, not an engagement program.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Simplest way is to use one drip campaign:

1. Create a Static list "Received Email1", and move people to this list once they have received first email from engagement program

2. Create a drip campaign with same email and under schedule select "each lead can run through flow once every 30 days"

3. In the flow steps, update a temp field e.g. tempcadence = 30days, and remove from status list "Received Email1"

4. For the drip campaign, use member of static list "Received Email1", OR tempcadence = "30days"

5. whenever you wan to stop sending them same email again, update tempcadence=NULL

Phillip_Wild

If the flow is purely: send an email, wait 30 days, then send the same email - and there is no desire to have other scheduled emails, then I would suggest an email engagement program is overkill.

You could simply have one smart campaign, triggered by your initial criteria. Send email. Wait 30 days. Send the same email, with a choice step to exclude certain people from the second send if that's required. 

No real need to do anything more than that if that's the ask. An engagement program can't wait exactly 30 days without switching streams with a separate smart campaign, and it can't send "immediately" - it needs to wait for the next cast, even if that's daily. So I'm not sure it can accomplish what you need. As soon as you think "this needs to happen immediately", you're talking a triggered smart campaign, not an engagement program.

Katja_Keesom

Totally agree with @Phillip_Wild . Using an engagement program will also force you to duplicate your email, as it will not send the same email twice to the same person. Plenty of reasons why an engagement program is not the right choice for this scenario.