SOLVED

Re: How do I create a Smart Campaign to get 'Attended' from Zoom into Marketo?

Go to solution
RBurner
Level 1

How do I create a Smart Campaign to get 'Attended' from Zoom into Marketo?

How do you (how do I) create a Smart Campaign for an event to identify those that 'Attended'? I know this can be done but I can't quite figure out the logic. Feels like this should be simple. 🙂

I assume the Flow will have 'Change Program Status' to New Status: 'Webinar > Attended'

But how is that info passed from Zoom to Marketo?

Thanks!

Ronn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi @RBurner ,

So if you have the Marketo and Zoom integration set up correctly, Zoom will automatically pass the attendance information back into Marketo upon event completion. It will update the Program Status to be "Attended" for those people. So you don't need to create a smart campaign to do this.

If you mean "how do I identify them after the fact" then it would be a smart list where the filter is "program status of program X is "Attended".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Phillip_Wild

Hi @RBurner ,

So if you have the Marketo and Zoom integration set up correctly, Zoom will automatically pass the attendance information back into Marketo upon event completion. It will update the Program Status to be "Attended" for those people. So you don't need to create a smart campaign to do this.

If you mean "how do I identify them after the fact" then it would be a smart list where the filter is "program status of program X is "Attended".

Hope this helps!

RBurner
Level 1

Oh my. That's too simple! I'm embarrassed. Haha! You nailed exactly what I was looking for! I tried to make it difficult based on the previous integration methods. I had yet to see this Zoom <---> Marketo updated integration in action as opposed to the Campaign is Requested ---> 'Web Service API' days.

RBurner
Level 1

Thanks @Phillip_Wild !

Since we're here. Your thoughts on the best way to also identify the 'Webinar > No Show' group with the intent to send a specific follow-up email to both Attended and No Shows?

That process is a bit different to identify the 'Webinar > No Show' group. That appears to be a Smart Campaign to write their Programs Status as 'Webinar > No Show' rather than a Smart List I think. Thanks!

Phillip_Wild

So from memory - I believe this is written across automatically too. Those who are registered and don't attend will have Zoom write their status as "no show" at the same time as when the attendees are written as "attended".

Admittedly it has been a little while since I have seen this in action, but that's my understanding - maybe create a fake webinar and test to be sure?

RBurner
Level 1

You are correct. I initially tested with no results, however, now that method accurately shows up in the Smart List so there may be a day or so time-lapse.

Until I realized that works I managed to get the data by creating a Smart Campaign with the smart list...

1. Member of Program

2. Not program Status was Changed ---> New Status: is not Webinar > Attended, Old Status: is Webinar > Registered

Thank you for your help!