SOLVED

Re: How do I create a report where I can see who clicks on links?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I create a report where I can see who clicks on links?

I've been playing around with Analytics and I cannot figure out how to see who specifically sees a link with going into each member manually. Is there a way through filters or through a report where I can do this?

I've set up a smart list with filters of Clicked Link in Email, set it to the links, I even have the Member of Program filter. All I get is the number of times a link was clicked. I really need PEOPLE, not NUMBERS.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Elizabeth Tsyga​, I like to tell people within my organization that for the most part Analytics will give you the "what" information, and Lead Database (or smart lists -- not those created within analytics reports) will give you the "who" information. Obviously there are some exceptions to any rule, but that would mean that if I wanted to know who did something I would create a smart list or a list in the lead database or my program. To know what the performance of an email or link was, I would look at an email performance or email link performance report.

If you create a new smart list, not within an analytics report, with the filters you've outlined above you should get a list of who clicked the link in your email. Good luck!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elizabeth Tsyga​ FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section of the site and put it in the analytics category. This should help you get your question answered faster.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Elizabeth Tsyga​, I like to tell people within my organization that for the most part Analytics will give you the "what" information, and Lead Database (or smart lists -- not those created within analytics reports) will give you the "who" information. Obviously there are some exceptions to any rule, but that would mean that if I wanted to know who did something I would create a smart list or a list in the lead database or my program. To know what the performance of an email or link was, I would look at an email performance or email link performance report.

If you create a new smart list, not within an analytics report, with the filters you've outlined above you should get a list of who clicked the link in your email. Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question, and now I've set up smart lists to capture who selected a specific response in a form. Is there any way to send that list out to someone weekly within Marketo? (even automatically?)

That was the appeal of setting up a report in analytics. With the smart lists, it looks like I'd need to manually download that list and send it on to others each week.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Scott Bowen​, smart list subscriptions are supposed to be available in the near future... I think their release was pushed back by a month or two, but we should have the capabilities soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great to hear-- Thanks, Dory!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to then compare smart lists of leads who Clicked Links in multiple emails sent out? I'm trying to put together an analysis of which leads like which type of content.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Will this work if the email has already gone out, and I add a smart list of 'opened email' in the last 30 days? If so, how do I get the report once I add the smart list?

Or does this smart list have to be added when setting up the email initially?

Thanks.