SOLVED

Re: How do I add a future date within the copy of an email

Go to solution
Heather_Ohlig
Level 1

How do I add a future date within the copy of an email

I need to create an email within a Nurture program that preform the following logic: 

Does 2:00, [current day + 1] work for you?

I tried playing around with tokens with no success. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a blog on how to do it with the email script token, I have a very similar example as a comment at the end of the blog:

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/add-dynamic-content-to-an-email/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Heather,

I am afraid that the date toked as you refer to it is available as part of a wait step in a flow action of a triggered campaign (Use a Date Token in a Wait Flow Action) but not as a token within an asset.

An email script token however might be what you are looking for.  Here is how to create one: Create an Email Script Token. This post (last update) gives you the format: Re: Create a token for date 'x' days from send date. These two other resources will give you more information on velocity scripts: Date Format Velocity Script and DateTool (VelocityTools 2.0-beta4 Documentation)  and ComparisonDateTool (VelocityTools 2.0-beta4 Documentation)

Just ensure that the token is checked when you use it.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I doubt you're always looking for [current day +1], but you could maybe write "tomorrow"? Just have to make sure that unless people are prepared for calls on Saturdays, the email would only go out Monday-Thurs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could do this with an email script token. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a blog on how to do it with the email script token, I have a very similar example as a comment at the end of the blog:

http://developers.marketo.com/blog/add-dynamic-content-to-an-email/