Re: How can we extract entire Marketo Database?

abhishek_c
Level 2

How can we extract entire Marketo Database?

Hi All,

I want to extract complete Database of Marketo to store that data in our MySql Database for some processing. Is there any way we can extract complete Marketo Database?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Entire? No. The API docs show you what's accessible (of course not in native binary database form but in serialized CSV and/or JSON).

There are numerous data sources used by the platform that can't be extracted — this is the case, of course, with all proprietary SaaS platforms, and nearly all hosted platforms in general! An API, by definition, abstracts some of the internal workings of a platform using a standardized set of contracts. But you're not accessing the databases themselves.*

As the docs describe, you can bulk download activity logs using the Bulk Activity Log API, people using the Bulk Lead Extract API, and custom objects using the Bulk CO Extract API.

Several other structural components, like Programs and Tags, can also be extracted using the REST API, although those use paginated JSON endpoints (rather than all-at-once file downloads). And of course all the Asset types listed in the docs can be crawled as well. Yet you mustn't mistake all of this for "extracting the complete Marketo database(s)."

* the exception would be the database backup API itself, I suppose,

though even a database wire protocol like TDS is consuming an API

abhishek_c
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman , 
Thanks for your response okay I got it. Can you give me more details about Marketo Database Architecture as it would be more helpful for me to understand and which is the best Database to store for Marketo Data after extracting from API's.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Responding in your new thread.

Please take care to not ask the same question in multiple places, thanks.

abhishek_c
Level 2

Can anyone pls reply for query in : DataBase Architecture Query Link for storing of Data in Marketo Database asked in reply. For reference below is the query.

abhishek_c_0-1622535872608.png