SOLVED

Re: How can I track lead journey through campaigns?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I track lead journey through campaigns?

Could you, please, help me with following task: for example, I send out 150 emailings to 50000 people during the year. I need to find out, how many people have opened all 150 emails, how many only 70. So I'd like to group leads by the level of their interest in my emailings. I'd like to filter out the most active leads, which are the campaign members of all campaigns and I'd like also to find out, what groups of not really active leads I have in the database (for example, there are 150 leads, who has opened only 3 emailings during the year, but all these emailings are devoted to one topic - this information could be really important for me).

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Jakob,

Do you have Revenue Explorer as part of your licence?  This could be done very easily with its reporting features.  You would just create an email analysis report.  In the filter at the top drag email name field and add all your emails. Then in the left hand side you would drag out the fields you want to report on, such as Full Name, Opened, Clicked etc.  You can also add column and row totals as well.

If you do have the feature let me know and I can provide more detailed notes.

Thanks,

Gerard

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Jakob,

Do you have Revenue Explorer as part of your licence?  This could be done very easily with its reporting features.  You would just create an email analysis report.  In the filter at the top drag email name field and add all your emails. Then in the left hand side you would drag out the fields you want to report on, such as Full Name, Opened, Clicked etc.  You can also add column and row totals as well.

If you do have the feature let me know and I can provide more detailed notes.

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Gerard!

To my regret, I don't have such feature as Revenue Explorer. Is there any other way to find out these things?

Thanks, Jakob.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Jakob,

Without revenue explorer there wouldn't be a way to pull this data at a lead level.  The main Marketo system would be able to give you the email performance for each email but not which specific leads opened them. The only other way to find that out would be by making smart lists or going through lead activity logs and both would be impossible to do with that many leads and emails.

You could create a smart list for specific groups of email based around the "Opened Email" filter and just repeat it for the number of emails in a given topic. See screen shot below.  You could then do the same thing using the "Not Opened Email" filter.  These would at least let you see a list of the people who opened them all or opened none.

Thanks,

Gerard

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 1.43.32 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again, Gerard, for the great help!

It's fully clear to me now.

Best Regards, Jakob.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

No problem at all.  Hope you get the data you need.

ChawraI
Level 1

Hi Gerard, 

I would like to know more on Revenue Explorer and your use cases and please forward if you have any notes on it. 

Thanks for the post and info!