SOLVED

How can I import a list that may contain "blank" data and have the field updated to be blank even if it already has text in it?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

How can I import a list that may contain "blank" data and have the field updated to be blank even if it already has text in it?

For example, say I wanted to clear out some fields that were imported incorrectly for some of my contacts. Is there a way to clear that field out for these contacts? If so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I import a list that may contain "blank" data and have the field updated to be blank even if it already has text in it?

Hi Danielle, you should be able to accomplish this by typing 'NULL' in the cell for values that you'd like to be blank. I'd test it to be sure, as some fields may have updates blocked upon import.

Another option is to pull a smart list using the email address filter. Copy and paste all email addresses from the list, then manually NULL out the fields.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I import a list that may contain "blank" data and have the field updated to be blank even if it already has text in it?

Hi Danielle, you should be able to accomplish this by typing 'NULL' in the cell for values that you'd like to be blank. I'd test it to be sure, as some fields may have updates blocked upon import.

Another option is to pull a smart list using the email address filter. Copy and paste all email addresses from the list, then manually NULL out the fields.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Hi Loren, this is super helpful. I will try this! thank you