SOLVED

Re: How are you managing hybrid events?

Go to solution
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

How are you managing hybrid events?

Hello,

With the pandemic supposedly waning it seems that many companies are open to the idea of hosting hybrid events.

Typically an event program is either a live event or a virtual event but not both.

I'm curious to know how other people are building out their hybrid event programs in Marketo.

Did you create a new channel tag called Hybrid Event and assign new program statuses? If so, can you share your program statuses?

Or, did you build out one virtual event program and one live event program for one hybrid event (i.e. creating two separate programs for one hybrid campaign)?

I'm just wondering if it makes more sense to separate the live event portion from the virtual event portion and let members progress through the varied program statuses separately in each of those programs.

Thanks for your comments! ðŸ™‚

-Tom

Tom Kerlin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would go two programs as well. Assuming you have the option on the registration form to pick one or the other, that would be the perfect moment to separate out your audience into the two flows. That does introduce the option to add a third (Default) program that handles the invite and registration process and then pushed each person to the correct event program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Tom! We decided that it makes sense for us to track the live and virtual event separately, so each would have their own Marketo program and SFDC Campaign. We wanted to track each of these efforts individually and needed that granularity. 

Mariah Mattick
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Thanks Mariah, I definitely see the benefit of having 2 separate programs built out for more granular reporting.

Tom Kerlin
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would go two programs as well. Assuming you have the option on the registration form to pick one or the other, that would be the perfect moment to separate out your audience into the two flows. That does introduce the option to add a third (Default) program that handles the invite and registration process and then pushed each person to the correct event program.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Thanks for this response Katja! I actually ended up doing just that - creating a third program to manage the registration and attendee data.

Tom Kerlin