Re: Ho to know if a salesforce campaign is already linked to a Marketo program?

Alejandro_Munoz
Level 2

Ho to know if a salesforce campaign is already linked to a Marketo program?

As you know, Marketo throws an error (skip the step) if you add the "add to salesforce campaign" step in a Smart Campaign if the Salesforce campaign is already linked to a Marketo program. The question is, how can I identify the program which is linked to a specific salesforce campaign?

The way I know is to create a smart list of members of the Salesforce campaign and then randomly select one and look at the activity to see which smart campaign or program is sending the lead to the salesforce campaign.

Any better idea?

7 REPLIES 7
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Alejandro,

Just look at the gray canvas area to the right of the program to see if the Salesforce Campaign Sync shows the name of a Salesforce Campaign. If it says "not set", as in the screenshot below, the Marketo Program is NOT synced (linked) to an SFDC Campaign.

pastedImage_0.png

Incidentally, if you create a Marketo program that you want to sync to an SFDC campaign - click where it says "not set" and you can either link to an existing SFDC Campaign or create a new one right from Marketo. If you create the new SFDC campaign from Marketo the SFDC campaign statuses will automatically match the Marketo program statuses.

Denise

Alejandro_Munoz
Level 2

Thanks Denise,

What I’m trying to get is the opposite, I know the Salesforce Campaign but I’m not sure to which Marketo program is linked. As we have hundreds of Marketo programs, is not a good solution to each one by one

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Alejandro,

In general, I give the same names to Marketo programs and SFDC campaigns that are linked together. Can you give me more of an idea of the big picture and what you are trying to do?

Do you want to add people to an SFDC campaign from more than one Marketo program? That is, are you building a Marketo program, trying to use a Smart Campaign to add people to an SFDC campaign, and finding that you are getting errors because the SFDC campaign is synced to a different Marketo program?

Denise

Anne_Angele1
Level 4

I would start by looking at some of the people that are members of the SFDC campaign. Search for their email address in Marketo and then work backward to find how they were pushed into that campaign.

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hey Anne - Alejandro said in his initial post that he already does that and was looking for a better solution.

derelict_wombat
Level 3

Hello!  

Wondering if anyone has any updates to this.  I am running into the same problem where i need to link a program to a Salesforce campaign and getting the error saying it is already linked to another program.  I can't find that program anywhere though.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's certainly possible using the Programs Asset API (not as an explicit filter, but by getting all programs and filtering by program metadata, which includes the linked SFDC campaign ID) but of course you'd need to be/have a developer.