SOLVED

Re: hide form field if already filled out

Go to solution
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

hide form field if already filled out

Hi there. 

Is there a way to hide a field on a form if it already has a value. 

Marketo's built in visibility rules don't cater to this.

This isn't quite a progressive profiling thing, just a field (or possibly fields) that once a lead has been asked the question, we don't want to display again on subsequent forms that they may see.

Cheers

Jo

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

2 immediate things:

1. Munchkin isn't loading on that page. Very important for all session tracking and ProgPro.
  2. The name of the field must be Opt_in_Metlifecare_GNG in the Pre-Fill DTP. You have it with spaces. Form/SOAP API names (and REST API names too) never have spaces.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman

This isn't quite a progressive profiling thing, just a field (or possibly fields) that once a lead has been asked the question, we don't want to display again on subsequent forms that they may see.

Please distinguish it more from Progressive Profiling, as the way you've described it is ProgPro: N fields in the ProgPro block are shown if they are non-empty. If you have 1 field in the ProgPro block then it will be shown until it is non-empty, then never shown again.

Jo_Pitts1

Sanford, am I going mad?  I don't recall ProgPro working this way in Marketo?

SanfordWhiteman

That's the way it's worked for all of Forms 2.0's existence...

Jo_Pitts1

How bizarre.. I must have been having a very very blonde moment.

Next silly question, so I know where to focus my next efforts... does your form pre-fill fill fields within a ProgPro block?

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman

Yes and no. Remember, ProgPro just needs to know if a field has a value, not what the value is. So it works without my extra Pre-Fill JS.

Jo_Pitts1

Sandford, the form is embedded on another site, and I know (for a test record I'm using) the field has a value.  All my other fields are getting filled out, and I'd expect the ProgPro field to be hidden.

I've added the field to the GLPT, and deleted the LP based on the template, and recreated.

Still no joy.

Thoughts?

SanfordWhiteman

Tell me the URL.

Jo_Pitts1

SanfordWhiteman

2 immediate things:

1. Munchkin isn't loading on that page. Very important for all session tracking and ProgPro.
  2. The name of the field must be Opt_in_Metlifecare_GNG in the Pre-Fill DTP. You have it with spaces. Form/SOAP API names (and REST API names too) never have spaces.