Re: Hidden Form Fields Not Populating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hidden Form Fields Not Populating

Hello,

I have a Marketo form with a few hidden fields which I have set to be filled out through URL Parameter and I have set default values on it.

However, when the form is filled out the hidden fields are never filled out on the lead record. Even if I set up default values, they don't get populated.

What's the best way to configure hidden fields for a form which will be embedded on a non-Marketo page? Also, why wouldn't the default values be applied?

Essentially the lead will visit a non-Marketo page such as "www.test.com/product" where the form will reside. Is there something that needs to be done on the backend to ensure hidden values populate?

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products. "Community" is for website feedback, not product support -- and yes, this is confusing!

You should also post a URL to your form that displays the unintended behavior. Adding a Hidden field and setting it to AutoFill from a query param works for embedded forms, just as it does on Marketo LPs.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Hello,

I'm having random hidden field events occuring.  New contacts from form fields not getting the hidden values from the form they filled.

Was there an update today I hear?

thanks

Mark

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No client-side changes. Can you give me a URL and repro case? Are the hidden values being posted to Marketo is the question -- and I don't see any reason to think they're not, given the forms library.