Hi Wistia & Marketo users! How are you using the integration?

Jonah_Silberg
Level 2

Hi Wistia & Marketo users! How are you using the integration?

Hello to folks using our Wistia integration with Marketo! I'm Margot—Community Manager at Wistia. I'd love to hear about how you use Marketo with our Wistia integration. You can find our integration doc here, and feel free to reach out to me directly on Twitter. If you have any Wistia or video marketing questions, you can always reach out to other Wistians here.

Excited to meet you and hear about how you're using the Wistia integration!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi Wistia & Marketo users! How are you using the integration?

Hi:

I am not using it myself but my clients are using it extensively to share video and capture leads from their videos.  This is especially useful for socially sharing the videos.  I think that is the biggest benefit I am seeing for my clients

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

We are using Wistia and Marketo, namely to host our webinar recordings and track people who watch the webinar on-demand. We have forms on our videos and are trying to track people watching the webinar online. At least that's what we would like to do.

Thus far, I can only see if the lead is created in Wistia, not if an existing lead watches the video/fills out the form. I am hitting a bit of a wall trying to figure out how to do what I want to do (or even if it's possible). Ideally I'd like to:

• Trigger a Marketo campaign from a form fill-out
  • Score my leads who have watched the videos

Is this possible? I'd love to chat with somebody at Wistia about the capabilities.

Jonah_Silberg
Level 2

Hi Rachel!

I can definitely connect you with someone who can answer those questions a bit more and get you on the right path. If you shoot me an email to margot@wistia.com, I'll go ahead and connect you.

Thanks for answering! Great to know how you use Wistia—we're really into video webinars and would actually love to hear more about how yours are performing & what kind of growth you've seen from them.

Talk soon & happy holidays!

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

We're using it on longer videos, where we're adding the form after a preview of the video so that they're also able to get a sense of the subject since a title alone isn't enough to judge a 45 minute webinar.

Jonah_Silberg
Level 2

That's awesome, Andy! Are you using the Turnstile feature for that form?

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

That much I can't answer since it's our video producer who embeds the forms into Wistia, but I can find out for you if it would add value!

Jonah_Silberg
Level 2

That would be awesome! We're working on adding a Developer section to the Community, so if you've built your own form with our API, that'd be really good to know.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Ah, so the question you asked a little earlier makes more sense now.

That being said, if Wistia is working on a custom integration versus the more kludge-y ways that have existed in the past, I'd like to really push for custom activity types to come with the integration if at all possible. This would be enough to make me migrate from workaround scripting to the official product for clients.

Additionally, i'm a fan of using the player API's secondsWatchedVector(); for scoring and/or alerts and would love to see this specific function expanded on with the platform overall independent of MAP.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Absolutely second this.

We can see which company's are watching the videos, based on the IP, but if we can ideally get the specific Marketo person who watched what video, and how much.