Hi I am Trying to create a Blind form in Marketo to Get the details through a QR Code. I tried creating one blind form, but it doesnt works for all. Can anyone help me create a blind form in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am Trying to create a Blind form in Marketo to Get the details through a QR Code. I tried creating one blind form, but it doesnt works for all. Can anyone help me create a blind form in Marketo?

I have created a form with Basic information (First name, last name, Job title, state and Lead status) whose fields are hidden. I have chosen "use Default value " and tokens of the respective field is added. Is this is the right way to do create a Blind form.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Hi I am Trying to create a Blind form in Marketo to Get the details through a QR Code. I tried creating one blind form, but it doesnt works for all. Can anyone help me create a blind form in Marketo?

"Use default value" means everyone will get the same value for that field.  It's a way to Autofill a field, but it is not dynamic -- it does not respond to any other browser information such as URL params, cookies, et al.

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  Where does the QR code come into play?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi I am Trying to create a Blind form in Marketo to Get the details through a QR Code. I tried creating one blind form, but it doesnt works for all. Can anyone help me create a blind form in Marketo?

Thanks for the Quick Response.

I am gonna set up a QR code in my Thank you page/ Auto responder email. When they scan the code, I would get the details of the leads who are going to Attend my event. By this way, I am creating some unique identity for each registrant and doesnt works when the email or the page is forwarded.

The blind form comes into play at the QR code scan, i want a automatic form to be submitted , when the lead scans the code.

Looking for your reply.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Quite simple, really.  If the QR scanner takes you to a page with the lead info in URL params (key=value&key2=value2), use a hidden form as well as hidden fields that Autofill from URL params.

Submit the form immediately when it's ready using the mechanism described here: Make a Marketo Form Submission in the background

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I have created a form with Basic information (First name, last name, Job title, state and Lead status) whose fields are hidden. I have chosen "use Default value " and tokens of the respective field is added. Is this is the right way to do create a Blind form.

QQ: If you know all of this information already why do you need to repopulate it? You'd be better off de-personalizing the code and just use a Lead ID or Personalization code instead. I would think twice before exposing people's identifying information.

Robb Barrett
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

For some reason I can't edit my comment.  I meant to say I would remove the info from the QR code and use Marketo's personalized page code instead.

Robb Barrett