Help with Zoom-Marketo Registration Logistics for Multiple Sessions

gtorres767
Level 1

Help with Zoom-Marketo Registration Logistics for Multiple Sessions

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out the best way to create an easy registration process for a multi-webinar summit. I have an email program that is an event webinar and it's connected to zoom.

We'd like to have a registration page that allows users to choose which of 6 sessions they'd like to sign up for, and then have them receive email invites based on which ones they chose. For this process, we were thinking of using a form with a trigger based smart campaign to send out invites with calendar ICS files as users select sessions.

Our issue is that we do not want our users to receive individual emails with calendar ICS files for each single session (there's 6 they can choose from and they can select multiple). Ideally, our users would receive one single email when they register that contains (not sure if this would have to be a zip file) an ICS calendar file for all the sessions they registered for. I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any help -- it's much appreciated!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Help with Zoom-Marketo Registration Logistics for Multiple Sessions

Ideally, our users would receive one single email when they register that contains (not sure if this would have to be a zip file) an ICS calendar file for all the sessions they registered for.

I’m certain a ZIP file w/6 ICS files inside it is going to find very low user acceptance.

A single ICS file can contain 6 events, but you can’t create such a file automatically in Marketo. The downloadable ICS created by a Marketo “Calendar File” token only includes one event. Even an advanced ICS builder like Agical, which supports recurring events and other features, is still focused on a single event.

gtorres767
Level 1

Thank you for your response. If I want to make the registration process as I mentioned with a single ICS file that contains multiple events, do you think it's best to simply turn to an event solution/platform that could handle all this?

adrianfraguela
Level 3

I don't think you'd need to look at another platform to do this TBH.

When we do multi-part events/webinars we make sure that there's an individual cal invite for each event. We use @SanfordWhiteman AgiCal and it works great. 

We create an email script token for each event and have an IF statement that checks which sessions they've subscribed to. The sessions are all in one field so you get the values back separated by a semi-colon.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 16.19.11.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Normally I‘d be first to agree, Adrian, since Agical is my baby. But @gtorres767 seemed to say they wanted a single ICS file with all appointments, which is supported by the ICS standard but not — or not yet — by Agical (nor of course by Marketo’s simpler ICS files).