Help with triggers / flow steps to capture more than one value

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with triggers / flow steps to capture more than one value

I need a solution whereby if someone fills in more than one form and picks a different value for a CAMPUS field it wont overright the existing field it will populate the campus 2 field. 

I have 3 fields: Campus, Secondary Campus, Tertiary campus. "Campus" is the field on all of our forms that a user selects from, so if someone fills out a form and in the "campus" field they populate SFO Campus, it will obviously populate that field on MKTO and SFDC as SFO campus. Then lets say the same person fills in a form for NYC campus. The field on the form is the same one, "campus", but because in MKTO that field already has a value of SFO Campus, I dont want it to overwrite that value of SFO I want it to  "see" that campus already has a value that is not equal to the campus selected on the second form and so populate the NYC campus value in the secondary campus field, and so on for up to 4 campus fields, checking that there is no values aready in secondary, then tertiary etc. If they fill in a form for one of the same campuses, it should see that even if it is in the secondary or tertiary campus field and not overwrite . Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with the triggers / filters and flow steps in MKTO?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Help with triggers / flow steps to capture more than one value

Sure, each time you do this as a separate flow centrally, but you need a "Most Recent Campus" field.

Data Value Changes: Most Recent Campus
Campus 1 IS EMPTY

Flow:
If Campus 1 is empty, then Campus 1={{lead.Most Recent Campus}}, otherwise do nothing.

Campaign 2:
Campus 1 IS NOT EMPTY
Campsu 2 IS EMPTY

If Campus 2 is empty, then Campus 2={{lead.Most Recent Campus}}, otherwise do nothing.

Campaign 3
Campaign 2:
Campus 1 IS NOT EMPTY
Campus 2 IS NOT EMPTY
Campus 3 IS EMPTY

If Campus 3 is empty, then Campus 3={{lead.Most Recent Campus}}, otherwise do nothing.

there might be a slicker way of doing this with request campaign or something.
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Help with triggers / flow steps to capture more than one value

What Josh suggested is exactly what I would do. It works and has come in handy for several use cases.