SOLVED

Re: Help with "visits web page" trigger for smart campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with "visits web page" trigger for smart campaign

We just launched our lead scoring program and noticed that a few of our smart campaigns that use the "Visits Web Page" trigger are not working. We have a  50 or so pages that leads will visit so we want to score leads higher who visit those pages. Our current smart campaign uses the "Visits Web Page" trigger with a constraint using "Web Page: Contains: meeting." All of the pages have the munchkin tracking code and all include "meeting" in the URL.

The only thing I can think of is, does the "Visits Web Page" trigger only work on a Marketo landing page? Or if I should be using webpage "is any" and the querystring contains "meeting." Has anyone else had this issue with the "Visit Web Page" trigger?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The only thing I can think of is, does the "Visits Web Page" trigger only work on a Marketo landing page?

Certainly not!  It works on non-Marketo pages as long as they run Munchkin.

Of course the cookie must be associated with a known lead in order for the activity to be credited to the lead.  If your domains share a common registered parent domain, this will work, though it may take some configuration . What are some sample domains you're using, both in Marketo and out?

Or if I should be using webpage "is any" and the querystring contains "meeting."

You tell us... is the word meeting /in/the/path of the URL or is in it ?in=the&query=string?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

The only thing I can think of is, does the "Visits Web Page" trigger only work on a Marketo landing page?

Certainly not!  It works on non-Marketo pages as long as they run Munchkin.

Of course the cookie must be associated with a known lead in order for the activity to be credited to the lead.  If your domains share a common registered parent domain, this will work, though it may take some configuration . What are some sample domains you're using, both in Marketo and out?

Or if I should be using webpage "is any" and the querystring contains "meeting."

You tell us... is the word meeting /in/the/path of the URL or is in it ?in=the&query=string?

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Sanford Whiteman​ and I found this issue happening last week as well.  A few hours later, the hit was recorded and the workflow went as it should.

Check ad Web Page report and see if you can get the Visits up by clicking on the page a few times. We noticed the clicks and hits were showing on that report first.

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman

Also true! Robb and I saw specific delay in our pods recently, but in normal operation it works fine and promptly.  Also, if you're seeing the activity in the log but not firing the trigger, then it isn't a delay issue but a trigger config issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your help! We figured out that the issue was with our munchkin code.

SanfordWhiteman

Thank you both for your help! We figured out that the issue was with our munchkin code.

Care to explain for posterity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah yes, so the domains of our websites are in two parts, for example, .co.uk. Our dev team had to add a domainLevel parameter to our munchkin code in order for it to track properly. Here's the documentation they used: Munchkin Initialization Parameters » Marketo Developers

SanfordWhiteman

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! I'm having a problem with the trigger "Visited Web Page" (smart campaign and smart list as well), the system doesn't recognize the landing page I created in Marketo. I tried typing with and without http:// but nothing change... can you give me any suggestion??

Thanks