SOLVED

Re: Help Please - Why can I not see my clicked metrics when I have an A/B subject line test

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Please - Why can I not see my clicked metrics when I have an A/B subject line test

I have sent several email campaigns and all those with A/B subject line testing are not showing any of the detail of my metrics. So I can see that 2 people have clicked on the email but I can not find the details of those 2 people. Can anyone give me some advice with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Help Please - Why can I not see my clicked metrics when I have an A/B subject line test

Ok, and what was the name of the email you were triggering from?  When you run an A/B test, the email isn't going to be called exactly what you named it.  The actual email asset that gets sent would be something like (Program Name).Subject Line Test  or (Program Name).Whole Emails Test.

If the trigger campaign was looking at the original email name, then that would explain why it didn't capture any opens or clicks.

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Sara,

How were these emails sent?  Through an Email Program with an A/B test set up, or through a smart campaign with a Champion/Challenger test?

If it's the latter, Champion/Challenger tests weren't designed to work with batch campaigns, so that could explain why you're not seeing the information.

Dashboards and reports are usually more focused on the numbers, so if you want to see the leads who clicked, a smart list is a better option.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Smart List where Clicked Link in Email: Email IS X will return the leads.

A number of other folks have reported they cannot see a breakdown of the Test Emails if they weren't totally separate like in Whole Email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John

They were an email program with A/B test set up and separate smart programmes for clicked, open and unsubscribe which usually give me the detail. But in each of my programmes with tests the smart programs show no results.

Sara

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ok, and what was the name of the email you were triggering from?  When you run an A/B test, the email isn't going to be called exactly what you named it.  The actual email asset that gets sent would be something like (Program Name).Subject Line Test  or (Program Name).Whole Emails Test.

If the trigger campaign was looking at the original email name, then that would explain why it didn't capture any opens or clicks.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you John. I worked that out in the end when I did a batch report and saw the name had changed!