Help needed. Links in my email are being overwritten in Marketo.

LB_Maestro
Level 1

Help needed. Links in my email are being overwritten in Marketo.

In an invite that I am trying to send out the HTML shows that the links are pointing to the landing page that I want the links to go to, however, when I do a test email, all the links are go to our company website homepage. I checked the branded domain and it shows our go. (our brand). com domain.  What could be the issue and how do I resolve?

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Help needed. Links in my email are being overwritten in Marketo.

You should verify if all the LP links in your email are correct and ensure that there are live pages for each of the linked LP. Chances are that  you’re being redirected to the fallback page configured in the Admin as one or more LPs are not live/available.

If that isn’t the case, then you should check if you have any custom redirection rules added in Marketo Admin > Landing Page > Redirect Rules that are redirecting LP links to your company home page.

LB_Maestro
Level 1

I checked and we don't have any custom redirect rules added. In emails, my branded domain is go.maestroqa.com. That is the same one that I see in our LP: https://go.maestroqa.com. However, all the links in my email are all going to our website homepage.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You cannot use the same domain for your LP domain and your branding (click tracking) domain. This is just not a possible setup — not because of Marketo but because of fundamental DNS rules.

LB_Maestro
Level 1

when I use click.maestroqa.com as my branded domain, we get a weird "privacy" error message.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not weird. You need to have Marketo add the branding domain to your SSL cert setup. Otherwise a connection to https://click.maestroqa.com  cannot be safely established, because click.maestroqa.com isn’t one of the allowed names in the cert.