SOLVED

Re: Help - Need to make sure only qualified new people get added to a nurture stream

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - Need to make sure only qualified new people get added to a nurture stream

How do I ensure only qualified new people get added to a nurture stream?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Help - Need to make sure only qualified new people get added to a nurture stream

In that case, you can set up the smart campaign like follows so that is triggers off of a lead being created and if they qualify with the additional filters in the smart list, then they can execute the flow:

Smart list:

Trigger: lead is created

Filter: member of engagement program: false {insert engagement program name}

Additional filters as necessary

Flow:

Add to engagement program: {insert engagement program name}

My advice though would be to run this as a batch campaign since you don't necessarily need a trigger to add to an engagement program and it could bring down your instance' performance. The batch smart campaign will then be set up like so:

Smart list:

Filter: Lead was created: in time frame: yesterday

Flow:

You can then run it at the beginning of the day so that it runs for all new people created yesterday. The reason I chose to run for people created yesterday is that if you run it at night for people created "in timeframe: today", you will have people created the same day after the batch has run and they will not be added to the engagement program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Re: Making sure only new people get added to a nurture stream

Jared,

Please move this discussion to Products​ as it is Marketo-specific.

This question is a little vague. Are you looking to set up a trigger that only qualifies new people created to be added to a nurture stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making sure only new people get added to a nurture stream

Yes, that is correct.  I'm looking to set-up the trigger so it only qualifies new people to be added to a nurture stream.  I will add this to the products discussion board.

Devraj_Grewal

In that case, you can set up the smart campaign like follows so that is triggers off of a lead being created and if they qualify with the additional filters in the smart list, then they can execute the flow:

Smart list:

Trigger: lead is created

Flow:

My advice though would be to run this as a batch campaign since you don't necessarily need a trigger to add to an engagement program and it could bring down your instance' performance. The batch smart campaign will then be set up like so:

Smart list:

Filter: Lead was created: in time frame: yesterday

Flow:

You can then run it at the beginning of the day so that it runs for all new people created yesterday. The reason I chose to run for people created yesterday is that if you run it at night for people created "in timeframe: today", you will have people created the same day after the batch has run and they will not be added to the engagement program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Devraj!  Appreciate the help!