HELP - Is there a way to change Event Details after an invitation has gone out

Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - Is there a way to change Event Details after an invitation has gone out

I just sent out an invitation to a webinar that we are hosting, but neglected to add the Gotowebinar details before sending.  What is the best way to correct this?

I go into the Event Setting and it is now showing that they cannot be modified (see attached picture).

If anyone can help me quickly I would be very appreciative!

2 REPLIES 2
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: HELP - Is there a way to change Event Details after an invitation has gone out

I've never experienced this before, but I would think that one of two ways would fix this:

- Calling GoToWebinar and seeing if they can mitigate the problem. Unfortunately, they might say no or that they don't support the connection to Marketo directly, but it's worth a try.

- Creating a new program and connecting that to the event. Then you transfer all of the registered people to that program and make sure they're program status is registered. That way you might be able to backfill the data for existing registrants into GoToWebinar. You'd need to switch out to your new program's landing pages on whatever medium you've posted them (social, website, partners, etc) to make sure that you're grabbing them into the right program.

That's my guess at what could fix it, good luck!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: HELP - Is there a way to change Event Details after an invitation has gone out

Agree with option 2. GTW will not help you.

The challenge is that once you have Program Members and Statuses in use in a Program, you cannot modify the Program settings. You can either

• rip out those items and put them back in later
  • create a new program
    • run smart campaigns to pull the people back in.
      • send an updated email with the correct info to the Registrants.

However, it sounds like you have sent out a GTM and did not setup a registration email or workflow. Can you describe more about what you did and did not do?