Re: Help Integrating Multiple Blog RSS Feeds Into One Daily Digest Sent Through Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Integrating Multiple Blog RSS Feeds Into One Daily Digest Sent Through Marketo

Background
I posted awhile back to see if anyone had ideas for integrating our blog into Marketo. Based on the advice I got, we looked into Digesto, a tool that allows us to send our RSS feeds via Marketo. There are 28 different categories people can subscribe to on our blog. For Digesto to work, we would need to create 28 separate RSS feeds. We can totally do that.

The Problem
We post about three to five articles a day. Most are in separate categories. There might be two articles in category 1 and 3 in category 4. Or there might be 1 post in 5 different categories.

If someone subscribes to all 26 categories, they will get an email every time we post something new. That means they could get five emails from us in one day.  Not ideal.

Desired Solution
We want a way to combine all of these categories into one email a day based on what someone subscribes to.

For example, let's say someone subscribes to the category 1, 2  3, and 18. On a given day, we posts an article tagged category 1. We post two articles tagged category 3, one tagged category 7 and one tagged category 18. I want them to get ONE email containing the blog posts tagged 1, 3 and 18 but not 7.

Does anyone have a solution? There HAS to be a way!!! 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Help Integrating Multiple Blog RSS Feeds Into One Daily Digest Sent Through Marketo

Hi Jamie,

I'd call up Perkuto and ask David Desrosiers about this possibility. I don't have an account anymore, but they may be able to help you figure it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh,

We talked to him yesterday. He said this sort of thing is possible but they won't be able to develop it for a few months. Alternatively, someone on LinkedIn said:

"It will take custom code which aggregates the category based RSS feeds based on each single lead separately and uses API to read each lead's category subscription, and piece together the email content. Then this code needs to put the RSS content in a 'lead specific field' and not a program level token.

This means that there is quite some API coding involved especially to customize the content based on the 'subscription' information for each lead every time."

In your opinion, is it worth the investment or is it ok for people to get up to 3 emails in a day if that's what they signed up for?

Thanks!

Jamie