Headings in new WYSIWYG editor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headings in new WYSIWYG editor

I've noticed that the WYSIWYG editor for email templates doesn't have a dropdown to format text as a heading 1, heading 2, heading 3, etc...

However the WYSIWYG editor for landing pages does have this option.

Is this in purpose? Or is there a configuration setting that I have to enable?

6 REPLIES 6
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Re: Headings in new WYSIWYG editor

Hi Oier! We've been having similar challenges with styling in the new editor.

I don't have a good solution with the new one for you, but you can revert back to the older editor to avoid this issue. That's what we've done for now.

Navigate to the Admin page, click on Email and then Edit Editor Settings. Select Legacy (screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 9.56.12 AM.png

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I'm not sure if there's confusion here, but even the old text editor (see below) did not have "heading 1" "heading 2" and so on...it just had "single space" and "double space"

pastedImage_0.png

Scott_Daily
Level 3

Hi Justin Cooperman - I posted a similar question in the community: Editing linked text style in new HTML email editor My designer used to be able to stylize linked text via defined classes, rather than needing to make edits in the HTML.

Is there a way to do this in the new editor?

Oier Ruiz Trevino​ - does this align with your question?

Scott

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Styling links is much different than choosing "header 1" "header 2" etc. so it's a different issue/question than what Oier was mentioning.

To answer your questions:

-Yes, you can style links by inserting a link and then styling the text in the WYSIWYG.

-What you want is different. You don't want to style it in the editor, you want to attach an existing CSS class to a link. This is possible in the HTML Editor. Click on the Edit HTML button and add class="your_class" to your anchor tag.

-We used to have a "style" and "class" text box on links. We will be adding this back since a lot of people like to have it there instead of going into the HTML editor.

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Excellent - happy to hear styling of links will be made available in the new text editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know why there is no heading styles in both the new and old WYSIWYG editors then?