Has anyone migrated from a HubSpot platform to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone migrated from a HubSpot platform to Marketo?

Has anyone migrated from HubSpot to Marketo?  I'd be very grateful for any sound advice before entering a project like this.  Specifically curious to know if email templates in HubSpot are in HTML for a painless integration into Marketo.  I'm aware that the activity data from HubSpot will be lost anything else to make note of?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone migrated from a HubSpot platform to Marketo?

Hi Michelle,

I migrated from Hubspot to Marketo last year, and here are a few key points I can relay:

-Activity data, to your point, is tough to migrate. I made sure to at least migrate membership in programs such as events, content downloads, etc. The easiest way I found to do this was to export lists from Hubspot of all members of a program and import them into Marketo programs.
-Email template migration was relatively painless, and I was able to grab the html from Hubspot and quickly copy+paste into Marketo.
-It was much easier for me to make the migration slowly, as completely shutting down one MAP while moving to another can be a little scary. What I ended up doing was replacing all my forms on the Hubspot pages with iframes containing Marketo forms. That way, I was able to build out the entire lead flow in Marketo before I turned the lights off in Hubspot.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drew, this was very helpful to me. Thanks.

- Spencer
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

HTML email templates can be a bit tricky now that you have to contend with responsive design as well as the variety of different platforms.  Pulling HTML from one system and dropping into Marketo has never worked for me.  Invest in Litmus and test test test how the emails render across mobile and desktop.   

Most importantly don't forget to migrate the unsubscribe list. 

Check to see that the records that you want in hubspot have successfully been migrated over to Marketo.  Not all records from hubspot auto sync to SFDC.