Re: Has anyone had their Salesforce instance migrated to a new data center? If so, what should I watch out for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had their Salesforce instance migrated to a new data center? If so, what should I watch out for?

This weekend we're migrating our SFDC instance from NA5 to NA13.   This means a new Org ID will be in place. I will disable our Marketo sync a few minutes before the migration and the enable it again after the migration with the new token.  After enabling the sync, I'll run some tests on the sync (creating and syncing a new lead, review the field mapping, update a sfdc campaign status on a campaign member).  

Other than doing these steps, are there any areas of concern of which I should be aware?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Has anyone had their Salesforce instance migrated to a new data center? If so, what should I watch out for?

David,

I'd call Support. Marketo makes it clear that the relationship between Marketo Org and SFDC Org is 1-1 forever.

So the reality of changing that ID could be an issue, even if all of your user names are the same. Please check with the Support team.

It is possible to change the Marketo User or adjust permissions, and you would follow the process you outline for that. But a new Org ID could be a big issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I talked to support and got assurance that it shouldn't prove a problem even after letting them know of the Org ID change:

"Thank you for your patience. I have received and update from our Tier 3 team regarding this change. Our team has noted that there would not be any issues once Salesforce migrates your Salesforce instance to a different datacenter. "

I get worried when things seem too easy...

Best Regards,

Dave
Katie_DenHollan
Level 3

Hi David,

We just received notice that we are moving to a new data center soon, and I'm wondering how the move went for you last year. Did you run into any issues, or do you have any advice on what to do, i.e. disable the sync prior to the move.

Thanks!

Albert_Li
Level 2

Hi Katie,

How did your move go from one datacenter to another for SFDC?

Katie_DenHollan
Level 3

Hi Albert,

The transition was seamless and we ran into no issues. We didn't do anything special to prepare for it, and nothing happened to caused us any issues.