SOLVED

Re: GoTo Webinar and Marketo Integration

Go to solution
avaroglu
Level 2

GoTo Webinar and Marketo Integration

I have set up the Marketo and GoTo Webinar integration and I see that in the GoTo Webinar platform - you can add a survey to pop up at the end of your webinar. If I do that will GoTo Webinar record the responses from the survey that I can then export from that platform and import into Marketo? 

I'd like to track the survey responses and I know I could do that if I exported the live viewers from GoTo Webinar after the survey, and imported them into Marketo, and sent an email with a link to the survey created as Marketo form BUT it wouldn't be automatic as a survey through GoTo Webinar would be. Are there any downsides to doing it in GoTo Webinar? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @avaroglu, The official guide on Marketo-GoToWebinar integration doesn't mention anything about being able to sync surveys and their results over to Marketo via the native connector. However, with that being said, if you strictly want to get data into Marketo, you can use the external connector that'd in turn use GTW's GET Survey API endpoint to get the survey results and push them to Marketo (of course via API). Of course, there's the option of loading the survey data into Marketo via a simple list import. Many users copy that data to the Person Notes field or special fields like Webinar Comments. Also, you're right that surveys done via GTW would be more seamless and overall provide better UX than Marketo (it is the case with most event platforms that support surveys); it's just that you'd have to create a setup or process to get that data into Marketo if you want to use for lead nurturing, triggering your scoring, operational campaigns, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @avaroglu, The official guide on Marketo-GoToWebinar integration doesn't mention anything about being able to sync surveys and their results over to Marketo via the native connector. However, with that being said, if you strictly want to get data into Marketo, you can use the external connector that'd in turn use GTW's GET Survey API endpoint to get the survey results and push them to Marketo (of course via API). Of course, there's the option of loading the survey data into Marketo via a simple list import. Many users copy that data to the Person Notes field or special fields like Webinar Comments. Also, you're right that surveys done via GTW would be more seamless and overall provide better UX than Marketo (it is the case with most event platforms that support surveys); it's just that you'd have to create a setup or process to get that data into Marketo if you want to use for lead nurturing, triggering your scoring, operational campaigns, etc.

avaroglu
Level 2

Thanks so much this is helpful! I'm going to try the list import route for the survey since there is really only 1 survey question we care to track in Marketo so I agree, that'll be a better user experience to have the survey pop up immediately after the webinar concludes.