SOLVED

Re: Google ReCAPTCHA v3 Error

Go to solution
bcarp-palisade
Level 2

Google ReCAPTCHA v3 Error

Hi y'all, 

I'm attempting to implement Google ReCAPTCHA v3 on our forms due to multiple spam issues. We've created the Google secret and site keys and followed along with @SanfordWhiteman's notes for v2 here (adapted for the v3 fields) and his sample code

We've implemented tokens for the site key and secret key and created JavaScript to create the fingerprint for Google ReCaptcha. A webhook has been created to leverage the fingerprint and secret key. (see screenshot below)

bcarp-palisade_0-1618265762381.png

In testing the webhook, on form submission, the fingerprint and secret are successfully populated. 

However, we are receiving an error from ReCAPTCHA stating "List(invalid-input-response)"

We haven't had any luck in finding an answer on Google. Any ideas here? Is it an issue with the webhook? With the ReCAPTCHA implementation? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TL;DR: Error on Google ReCAPTCHA submission of "List(invalid-input-response)". How to fix?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brett C. - Marketing Manager @ Palisade
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

..followed along with @SanfordWhiteman's notes for v2 here (adapted for the v3 fields) and his sample code

Those are actually Greg's notes (I don't do it that way!) but that is the JS code I use for v3.

TL;DR: Error on Google ReCAPTCHA submission of "List(invalid-input-response)".

There are 2 things happening here:

1. You're sending an invalid user fingerprint. Note the fingerprint field must be Textarea, not String.
  2. You're mapping a JSON array response (error-codes) to a single Marketo field. That's the cause of the "list()" part of the error, which is actually a red herring, but you should map error-codes[0] instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

..followed along with @SanfordWhiteman's notes for v2 here (adapted for the v3 fields) and his sample code

Those are actually Greg's notes (I don't do it that way!) but that is the JS code I use for v3.

TL;DR: Error on Google ReCAPTCHA submission of "List(invalid-input-response)".

There are 2 things happening here:

1. You're sending an invalid user fingerprint. Note the fingerprint field must be Textarea, not String.
  2. You're mapping a JSON array response (error-codes) to a single Marketo field. That's the cause of the "list()" part of the error, which is actually a red herring, but you should map error-codes[0] instead.
bcarp-palisade
Level 2

Awesome. Thanks for the response @SanfordWhiteman! Changing Fingerprint to TextArea did the trick! Tests are submitting perfectly. 

Now to figure out the score check...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brett C. - Marketing Manager @ Palisade