Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Code

Enget_Dang
Level 3

Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Code

Read a lot of threads and still can't seem to find the solution. I created a HTML element and used the code Google AdWords gives you for their conversion tracker to paste it on my landing page, and when I view the landing page in my browser (not preview mode) and view the source of the page I can't find the conversion tracker code anywhere.

Am I missing something on where to place the code?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Enget_Dang
Level 3

Re: Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Code

Looks like I found the code. It was embedded in the source in a div html 1 tag.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
Did you ever get the tracking code to work?   
We want to track conversions (i.e. goals) in GA.  I have put the tracking code on the templates that we use for relevant landing pages, but I still cannot get conversions to track at all.
I also tried putting the tracking code directly onto each relevant landing page, but that does not seem to work.
Thanks,

RM 

Enget_Dang
Level 3

Hi Rich,

Yes I was able to get the tracking code to work. Are you placing the code on the landing page in the design view or are you going directly into the html code for the template and adding the code there?

For the tracking code to work, it must be placed on each relevant landing page directly. Sometimes you have to give up to 24 hours for Google to report back on the conversion. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Enget
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Enget,

To be clear, you are saying the code needs to be added to the individual landing page? Within the design view? I did that and used Chrome's Tag Assistant to test the code and it came back with errors. I think I may have placed it outside the body. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Sara
Enget_Dang
Level 3

Hi Sara,

Yes, you have to place the code on anywhere on the landing page using an html element in the design view. Once you've done that and are previewing the page.

Thanks!
Enget