Global MOPs vs Regional MOPs

Rachel_Flora1
Level 2

Global MOPs vs Regional MOPs

I am building out the structure for Global MOPs versus Regional MOPs/Marketing teams ie what global marketing operations does versus regional teams. I'd love to hear what others are currently doing and best practices if any.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Global MOPs vs Regional MOPs

This depends on the size and structure of the org...and the size and structure of your MAP.

What do you envision the MOP team doing at each level? Some thoughts:

• Global MOP - set policies, own system, train other MOPs and campaign managers
    • Regional MOP - less access, more about local support, possibly just campaign managers OR ensures campaign managers and marketers are following the rules. In a very large org, or a BU level vs a Regional level, this role could be very different. Region is more about support; BU level might be more of a real admin job.

I personally find that you need to be careful with the Regional concept and that these are trained operations people, not marketers who are given this access.

Rachel_Flora1
Level 2

Re: Global MOPs vs Regional MOPs

Thanks for your reply! As of right now, I am the sole Global MOPs person and there are no regional MOPs people. This may change in the future but this is currently how it is structured today. I am just curious as to what other teams are doing.