Global form flow or trigger steps on non-marketo landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Global form flow or trigger steps on non-marketo landing pages

I am trying to set up a global form I can use on our company website (non-marketo landing pages) for multiple pieces of gated content that are in the resource center on our company website. I want to use one form on all the different content pages (global content registration form) AND be able to know which piece of content is being requested based on the webpage the form resides on so that upon submission it triggers the right piece of content via the TY page, direct download and/or autoresponder. (And is also trackable so I can report on what content is being downloaded from the site content pages and can push that info to Salesforce campaigns).

Are there hidden fields, flow steps, triggers, etc. that can be combined to accomplish this feat? (I've seen some posts about custom JS but without a developer on staff this would be a problem to execute) 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Global form flow or trigger steps on non-marketo landing pages

Hi Stacy,

Without JS, this will be not that easy Still, you can use hidden fields that capture URL parameters.

For instance, when a lead enters a page on the site with a Marketo embedded form, you will need to have the URL to look like:

http://www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html?content=[Name or ID of the content]

Then you will be able to capture [Name or ID of the content] using a hidden field from the RL parameter (see Set a Hidden Form Field Value - Marketo Docs - Product Docs ).

Finally, in Marketo, you will be able to use this field value as a filter together with the "field out form" trigger to know what content is requested.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Global form flow or trigger steps on non-marketo landing pages

The Referrer of an embedded form will contain the full URL of the hosting page (the page on your 3rd-party site).  You can create triggers based on string matches.  Just understand that Marketo does not have an actual query string parser, so make your params as distinct as possible.  (Don't use utm_campaign=barf and utm_campaign=barfly because they will both match Referrer Contains "utm_campaign=barf".)