Re: GIFs in Email

Adam_Pereyra
Level 2

Interesting. We had no issues internally with our instance of Outlook. Don't know what to tell you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unless you're running on Outlook 2003, you absolutely had problems. I urge you to retest and update your answer.

Jackie_Patterso
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

I wanted to know if you have heard any updates on this topic. My company is looking to add animation to our emails but we unsure if the animation will work for most of our database. My manager recently received a marketing email from Conex. They had what I think is a GIF and it played immediately when the email was opened.(We are using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus) Do you think there are new methods to make this possible? I saw on Microsoft's website that they still do not support this type of animation but in the case of this email sent it worked.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/the-animated-graphic-in-my-e-mail-message-doesn-t-work-a5e8...

Jack_Steele
Level 1

Hi Jacquline,

Were you using Microsoft Office 365 on a Mac or on Windows? And were you viewing the email in your browser or in the desktop app. GIF's should animate in the browser (Outlook.com) or in Outlook on Mac. In Outlook on Windows the GIF will show an image of the first frame of that GIF but won't animate. It's always good to design your GIF's so that the first frame is a relevant image for email clients where the animation isn't supported.