Re: Get to know on your website what nurturing program a lead is a member of through a JavaScript.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get to know on your website what nurturing program a lead is a member of through a JavaScript.

Hi

My main task here is to get Marketo and Facebook work together when it comes to communicating the same message on both channels. And it is not by pushing our leads email into a custom audience in Facebook. I know how to do that.

So, if you are in 1 nurturing program where I am communicating about how to use our product, I would like to communicate the exact same message on Facebook. Once the lead has done what I want them to do in the nurturing program (transition rules), and they change nurturing program, the message on Facebook should also change.

When a lead is visiting our website, I would like to ask through a JavaScript what nurturing program the lead is a member of. How do I do that? Can a JavaScript tell me what nurturing program a lead is a member of, when they are visiting our website?

The reasons why I don’t want to push emails from Marketo into Facebook are:
- GDPR
- Our customers have business emails, that they don’t use on Facebook
- You can’t remove leads from a custom audience group in Facebook automation by using Marketos Ad Bridge

I hope someone can help me?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Get to know on your website what nurturing program a lead is a member of through a JavaScript.

No, there's no client-side JS that can tell you about program membership. (Note there isn't "the" program, but potentially more than one.)

You can of course append whatever information you want to email links (such as the Program ID) and then persist that information to cookies on the lead's machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was also thinking about that solution. But it is not always our leads click in our emails.

Do you know if you then can make Marketo send a value in a field through a JavaScript?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, I was also thinking about that solution. But it is not always our leads click in our emails.

But you have to know who they are somehow. If the session is still anonymous then there's no possible way to know what program/s the human lead might be in.

Do you know if you then can make Marketo send a value in a field through a JavaScript?

On a Marketo-hosted LP, or on a non-Marketo page?

On Marketo LPs any Lead or Company field can be inserted as a token.

On non-Marketo LPs you have to use a method like Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.

Or do you mean "send" as in part of an HTTP ​request, ​not ​response?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer Sanford.

We have a log-in option on our website, and I am only firering our Marketo Munchkin script, when our users has logged in. So I know all users.

It is not a Marketo LP. I mean when an user log-in to our website, I want our Marketo Munckin script to "send" (I dont know the right IT word for "send") a value from a specific field on the lead. The field name could be "Nurturing level" and the value could be "10". That number 10, I would like to read that through my Google Tag Manager script. If I know that, I will be able to send the user to the right customer audience in Facebook.

I hope you understand what I mean?

SanfordWhiteman

It is not a Marketo LP. I mean when an user log-in to our website, I want our Marketo Munckin script to "send" (I dont know the right IT word for "send") a value from a specific field on the lead. The field name could be "Nurturing level" and the value could be "10".

The most appropriate/approachable way to do this is via the Munchkin associateLead function.

Note that associateLead is part of Munchkin's client-side JS API, but it requires a SHA-1 hash be generated on your server and sent to the client first, and the hash must only be gen'd once somebody has successfully logged in.