Re: GDRP, Sales Imported Leads, and Salesforce Sync

Erik_Eaton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

GDRP, Sales Imported Leads, and Salesforce Sync

Team,

Im hoping to gain some insight in to how other Marketo admins are bracing for GDRP compliance.

We currently have a complete two way sync between Marketo and Salesforce for leads from all sources, including sales imported leads from prospecting tools.

I have recently staged our double-optin process and set up some streams to reflect new subscription roles.

I am leaning towards not enabling sales imported leads to sync into Marketo until they fill out a form on the website. We currently have customers/leads from all over the world and I would hate for a sales imported leads from double-optin country to receive their confirmation email / double opt-in email.

I could just filter out the sales leads from the double opt-in process, but this negates the purpose of having a double opt-in center.

Any insight on this would be great!

Thank you,

Erik

2 REPLIES 2
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Erik,

Rather than witholding sales created leads from Marketo, I would allow them to sync but keep them Marketing Suspended until they fill out a form. Blocking them from existing in Marketo would cause a duplicate to be created in your CRM when the lead does fill out a Marketo form.

Erik_Eaton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Awesome, I think this may be the way we go! Thanks for the feedback