GDPR: Data encrypt and data backup

Anonymous
Not applicable

GDPR: Data encrypt and data backup

Hi guys,

I was wondering that since Marketo host our database, do we need to buy data encryption package and do local back ups of the information, in case of lose or anything like that?

Or should Marketo be covering us in that?

Best regards,

Raul

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: GDPR: Data encrypt and data backup

If you want the Data Encryption package, you will pay X% more.

Marketo and Marketing Automation Security - Marketing Rockstar Guides

but I'm not sure you entirely need to do this.

Marketo has redundancies, so building an MDW as a backup is up to you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Following on from Josh, you can rely on Marketo to restore a "last known good" configuration if the database becomes corrupted, but don't count on a "time machine" of backup snapshots going backwards from there.

So pulling out data offline is the only way to guarantee you can look back longer on time. But some parts of the db just can't be backed up, so you need to document the risks.

The encryption package probably doesn't make the guarantees you expect because of the unauthenticated nature of some Marketo data.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

One thing I forgot is that Marketo can restore a lead with full activity data if you call Support within 10 days or less.

You can also push back leads from SFDC if you did not delete them there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. My questions are based on the GDPR regulations so we can have everything documented and not in how secure is the encryption or data loss. So that works pretty well thanks!