Re: Gated form, FT or not

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Gated form, FT or not

If a lead visits our website, still as anonymous, but then fills out a form on our website for gated content, would this firsts form fill out be considered a Campaign FT? Their Medium and Source Detail Ft would be website and organic, but trying to keep data consistent, does it make sense to also track a form fill out on our website for gated content as a Campaign FT. We have a lot of leads that have filled out these forms, and since these forms our hosted outside of Marketo, the leads Medium, Source Detail and Campaign data is not tracked.

If filling out a form on our website for gated content is not considered a FT, what are examples of a leads FT?

2 REPLIES 2
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

There's a few things that it seems like you are asking about. For first touch attribution of a specific campaign, you can assign an Acquisition Program upon a form-fill.

If you have the hidden fields for the UTM parameters already created, you can add hidden fields to your form for each of these parameters. In the form, you utilize your utm_source field and click to edit the Autofill. You'll select Get Value from URL Parameter and then put the parameter name (i.e. utm_source, utm_medium, etc.).

pastedImage_5.png

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Bryan. We actually do have those parameters as hidden fields on our forms. But the problem is, the forms are on our website are not a Marketo landing page and do not have the url parameters, so the hidden fields do not track the source or medium. Since these forms are on a form on our website with no url parameters, I’ve created a SL and Flow with “Change Data Value” to update a leads medium and source FT’s, MT’s and LT’s. Would that be considered a best practice?

I guess my initial question is, are forms on a website for gated content considered FT, MT or LT’s? If they collect a leads information, if a lead fills out these forms, would that be considered a FT, MT or LT?