Re: Forwarded emails & progressive profiling

Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Forwarded emails & progressive profiling

This is the scenario: a known lead forwards an email to anonymous lead (not via F2F token), on which the anon lead has clicks through to a landing page and fills out a form – therefore also becoming a known lead.

The issue is that if my form has progressive profiling enabled then the new lead only has to complete fields intended to be seen by known lead, rather than the full form.

While I understand individuals forwarding emails to colleagues is something out of my control, I would like to be able to identify who the original lead was to whom the email was originally sent?

Looking at the new lead’s record, Original Referrer field is populated by the original landing page URL followed by the unique mkt_tok parameter from the original lead.

Is anyone aware if it's possible to somehow use the mkt_tok  parameter to identify the original lead?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Forwarded emails & progressive profiling

Assuming this is a Marketo LP, you can add a hidden field to the form with the original Lead ID:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

form.addHiddenFields({ referringLeadId : {{Lead.Id}} });

});

Of course the (integer) field referringLeadId needs to be created in your instance first so it can be saved

You cannot reverse-engineer the Lead ID from the mkt_tok.  You could manually add the Lead ID to the URL if you wish, which would make it possible to use the same technique on non-Marketo LPs.