Re: Forward to a Friend Error: Your Contact Information could not be validated. Unable to Forward to a friend.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Forward to a Friend Error: Your Contact Information could not be validated. Unable to Forward to a friend.

I am testing the Forward to a Friend link and it is giving me the following error:

Your Contact Information could not be validated. Unable to Forward to a friend.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Re: Forward to a Friend Error: Your Contact Information could not be validated. Unable to Forward to a friend.

Hey Danielle,

Are you sending this test email to your email address? If so, does your email address exist as a lead in Marketo?

The issue could be that you are attempting to forward the email from a lead record that Marketo doesn't recognize because your test email address is not in the system.

Danielle_Wong

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the response. My email address exists in the Marketo database. Do I have to specifically be marked as a lead? My contact type is currently not defined.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danielle,

I had the same issue earlier. Are you using the test email to test this function? Try using a smart campaign to send the email to you as a live test and it should work. Good luck!

Danielle_Wong

I'll try that. Thanks Amber!!