SOLVED

Re: Forms placed on non-marketo pages being blocked by privacy add ons

Go to solution
John_Manly
Level 1

Forms placed on non-marketo pages being blocked by privacy add ons

We have 4-5 company-owned domains using the same Marketo account. It was just brought to my attention today that if a visitor has js disabled (very uncommon) or has a privacy add on to their browser (much more common), then the Marketo scripts are being blocked. This means no forms and no tracking.

I came across an article that mentioned changing the <script src="//app-sj01.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script> script and replacing "app-sj01.marketo.com" with our CNAME. I'm not sure how I would do this on multiple domains, however.

Which domain's DNS settings would we add the CNAME to?

Do we need to do it on each domain?

Does it matter?

I was chatting with support about this, but apparently the question was too hard because they just pointed me here and left the conversation. They came back, but said nothing and left again...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I came across an article that mentioned changing the <script src="//app-sj01.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script> script and replacing "app-sj01.marketo.com" with our CNAME. I'm not sure how I would do this on multiple domains, however.

Use your primary Marketo LP domain.

All your LP domains already are aliases for the CNAME {your_account_string}.mktoweb.com. There's no new DNS entry necessary.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

Use your primary Marketo LP domain.

All your LP domains already are aliases for the CNAME {your_account_string}.mktoweb.com. There's no new DNS entry necessary.

John_Manly
Level 1

So, for instance, I see in the admin section under Landing Pages we have "http://info.ourmaindomain.com" in the Domain Name field. I would edit the DNS records on ourmaindomain.com to add the CNAME?

SanfordWhiteman

Please don't obfuscate your real domain... that doesn't help. (Also, when you need to use an example/placeholder domain, the standard is example.com -- this is a domain specifically designed for examples and dictated by the IETF!).

As I said above, you don't need to add anything to your DNS. If this Marketo LP domain is already functional then the DNS entry is already done.

However, if you're not running https:// on your Marketo LP domain, but you are running https:// on your main domain, that's not going to work.

John_Manly
Level 1

These forms are all on WordPress pages with SSLs, so I guess step one is to get SSL on our Marketo domain?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes. You can't reference the Marketo LP domain unless it too runs SSL, due to basic browser security rules.

My_Nguyen
Level 2

My LP domain just got SSL, and I'm trying to use the LP domain to replace the Marketo domain so it will work on browsers with privacy add ons. It does make the forms work on Firefox's private mode now, but it makes the form hang on submission on Chrome. I haven't tested other browsers yet, but do you know of any reasons why forms won't submit after I change the script URL to the CNAME? (The form loads but doesn't submit.)

SanfordWhiteman

Your URL, please.

My_Nguyen
Level 2

It seems the problem was only on my localhost. Once I put it on a live server, it worked.

SanfordWhiteman

Makes sense, localhost has specific XHR and CORS restrictions.