SOLVED

Re: Forms in Other Languages

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, I'm saying you don't need to worry about the change if you set it programmatically. Hence there shouldn't be a situation where the person "changes the dropdown to be the same as the session language" because if the dropdown is already set to Language A, and they drop it down and select Language A, that won't be a change, hence won't reload the page.

Todd_Sprinkel
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman Any ideas on how to scalably translate any rich text included in a form? It doesn't look it's possible to give those a name, and it comes through in the descriptor like this:

[
      {
        "Id": 29708,
        "Name": "HtmlText_2019-09-16T14:03:23.709Z",
        "Datatype": "htmltext",
        "InputInitialValue": "",
        "LabelWidth": 260,
        "ProfilingFieldNumber": 0,
        "Htmltext": "<p>Here is some text.</p>",
        "IsLabelToLeft": true
      }
    ],

If it's just one form, that's fine, but even if the form is cloned, I think the rich text gets a new Id and Name attribute. I suppose you could evaluate the Htmltext, but that seems messy and error-prone as well.

SanfordWhiteman

I think you'd have to inject and parse the HTML. It shouldn't be too error-prone as long as you only look for the trimmed textContent.

mhall70
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman is it possible to modify the placeholder value of a field using this method? I've tried adding placeholder as part of the JSON but it does not change the placeholder value of the field I reference.  I've added it to the JSON like this:

{
Name: "FirstName",
Placeholder: "Séance B"
}
SanfordWhiteman

It’s PlaceholderText, not Placeholder.

mhall70
Level 1

Thank you, I didn't know the correct nomenclature