SOLVED

Forms 2.0 : embedded forms do not prefill ?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0 : embedded forms do not prefill ?

I've just tried to implement new forms on my domain. Works great. Thus I could switch all my forms and stop doing the "iframe" workarounds.
One major issue I don't succeed in fixing : pre-fill does not seem to work / fields do not populate with my lead details.

Anyone can help with this ?

Thanks all. Love you.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Forms 2.0 : embedded forms do not prefill ?

Here is the product team's official stance on this:

For pre-fill to work on embedded forms, it requires a publicly accessible API that retrieves lead information, which can include personally identifiable information such as email addresses, mailing addresses, names, and phone numbers.  For us to make enable pre-fill on embedded forms in a responsible manner, we need to make certain that the API is created in such a way that it’s acceptably protected from brute force attacks that could allow an attacker to retrieve information about all leads by guessing Marketo cookie values, as well as making certain that the API doesn’t expose leads to XSS (cross-site script) attacks that could be used by an attacker to steal a lead’s info when they visit the attacker’s site. These issues doesn't exist when the form is on a Marketo landing page because we process the content of the page on our servers and there is no API exposed publicly.

This is 100% on our roadmap and we know how much customers would like this...it just requires a very thorough review by our internal security team. I plan to work on this next year.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nicolas,

I believe that this was a conscious decision made by the teams involved in the design.

I'll make sure they are aware that your are asking about this.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

When explaining to a client of mine how the new Forms 2.0 will embed without using iFrames, the first thing he said was "that's awesome, as long as it will still pre-fill basic info for known visitors".

Definitely an expectation. I'd suggest fast-tracking this.
Nichole_Cunnin4
Level 4

I agree. Please fast track the pre-fill. We rely really heavily on the pre-filling to speed the ease of the registration process.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per Cathal's earlier post, this was a conscious design decision we made due to security concerns in exposing customer data via APIs to pre-fill on external webpages.  

We've gotten heads up around this and are giving it some thought, though it is not something I expect we will turn around in a fortnight.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason.

The comment in my post about this topic can you clearfy what this mean?
"Jason Comment: This isn't something available on embedded pages.  Progressive profiling, however, will work on embedded forms with the February release"

https://community.marketo.com/marketoideadetail?id=08750000000JaG1AAK

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on getting pre-fill to work on embedded forms. Seriously limits the utility of forms without it, and I suspect many customers are like us and embed forms on their on CMS pages pretty exclusively. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive profing is now working on forms.

But the funktion to say what field i always want to show is not there in a good way.

Meaning i like to have a Contact check box under the Progressive profiling as the last thing the user need to check.

Now it look like this. Not Pretty
0EM50000000RVzm.jpg
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

+1 on the prefill for embedded forms. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definite +1 on prefill for embedded forms. We will have to stick with original forms unless this gets fixed.