How to prepopulate email template in Send Marketo Email MSI

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to prepopulate email template in Send Marketo Email MSI

Can we customize mkto_si__Send_Marketo_Email? action to pre-select the email template from the drop down list.

4 REPLIES 4
Chloe_Pott
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to prepopulate email template in Send Marketo Email MSI

Hi Krishna,

If I understand correctly, you would like for a Sales person to be able to send a specific email from MSI without having to click through all the drop downs to find the email they want to use?

For example, in our CRM, we have two emails available within the same program, but I had to click on the plus signs (which are now minus signs) in order for the emails to appear. It took me 6 clicks to get to the emails.

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 11.04.15.png

It's a great question. Playing devil's advocate here: if there are multiple emails available in MSI, how would the sales rep (or your CRM even) know which email template to select based on the lead/contact?

If you anyone is able to chime in, it's a good question.

I definitely see the benefit of it if you only have one possible email set up to be sent via MSI.

Hope someone can help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Chloe,

That's correct, one constant pain point for Sales Person is to hop through multiple clicks to finally get to the right email template. If we could pre-select the right template based on few criteria, it would be beneficial.

We do have multiple emails setup in Marketo, but the ask here is tailor made for specific use case. The idea is if a lead/contact is a member of a program, we need to identify only the assets that are associated with the program/campaign.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Krishna,

This is an interesting idea. There are a lot of ideas related to better filtering the MSI list of emails. See and vote here:

If you feel yours is not represented, add a new idea, so that we can vote

-Greg

Chloe_Pott
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Such a great point, Krishna! Heyo, Marketo peeps! Please check this one out! 🙂