SOLVED

Re: Form Submission Error - Marketo/Google reCAPTCHA both Enabled

Go to solution
marypaine
Level 2

Form Submission Error - Marketo/Google reCAPTCHA both Enabled

Hi all,

My team and I are trying implement reCAPTCHA on our Marketo hosted forms, but are running into submission errors on pages where Google reCAPTCHA is hard-coded in already. 

With this reCAPTCHA code already on the pages, it is conflicting with reCAPTCHA loaded by Marketo form js. It seems like we would need to disable/remove the hard code to allow the Marketo form reCAPTCHA to function properly, but our team is just getting involved with the management of GTM. 

We are looking for any guidance or recommendations on how to best set up our forms to remove any conflict between our technologies.

Thank you and please let me know if you need more information!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

By "is hard-coded in already" I assume you're using my JS to integrate reCAPTCHA v3 with Marketo forms? You certainly can't have that in place at the same time as Marketo's new native reCAPTCHA support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

By "is hard-coded in already" I assume you're using my JS to integrate reCAPTCHA v3 with Marketo forms? You certainly can't have that in place at the same time as Marketo's new native reCAPTCHA support.

marypaine
Level 2

We are using embedded Marketo forms on Instapage landing pages and DID enable the new Marketo reCAPTCHA v3 on the forms. This is the point at which we began seeing the submission error and discovered that there is already the below additional code on those pages.

reCAPTCHA Code_Instapage.PNG

Marketo support indicated that this code was interfering with the native Marketo reCAPTCHA.

SanfordWhiteman

More accurately, that conflicting setup wasn't even functional on its own but only served to disrupt native support.

(Merely decorating a container with the reCAPTCHA attributes doesn't integrate it with the Marketo form(s) on the page.)
marypaine
Level 2

I think we're close but want to clarify that Google reCAPTCHA is deployed across our pages through Google Tag Manager (we didn't code this in ourselves) which is what seems to be conflicting with the Marketo form enabled reCAPTCHA.

We are currently trying to decide if it is more beneficial to keep the reCAPTCHA that is enabled through Google Tag Manager or remove it and use Marketo's new reCAPTCHA v3 on forms.