Re: Form prefill not working

Jamshaid
Level 1

Form prefill not working

Why is form prefills not working on the Landing page?  Prefill option is enabled on the Landing page, Admin, and form level. Can anyone please suggest the solution? 

12 REPLIES 12
LucasMachado
Level 2

Hi, can you elaborate more what is going on? Where is the form? How does the lead reach the forms?

Forms pre fill only works if the lead reaches the landing page by clicking a link in the e-mail, check this post:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/form-pre-fill-feature-upgrade/ta-p/251652

Michael_Florin
Level 10

And if you click through from an email, as Lucas described, and the pre-fill still doesn't show: Clear your cookies.

Jamshaid
Level 1

Thank you for your feedback. 

I also check this after clearing the cookies. But still does not work. 

Jamshaid
Level 1

Yes, I reached the landing page by clicking a link in the email. But it still does not work.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You need a tracked link (which is the default, but you can make certain mistakes to break it). Does the email link get rewritten to bounce off your branding domain, with the mkt_tok query param attached?
Jamshaid
Level 1

I shared the tracked link with you in a private message. Can you please check and assist me furthere? 

SanfordWhiteman

The link looks OK, I would triple-check that you actually have Pre-Fill enabled at all necessary levels.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Link looked okay to me too. It resolved to

https://pages.network-perception.com/Critical-Infrastructure-Protection-Step2-Visibility-Webinar-Reg...?mkt_tok=long_string_of_characters

which is expected. Yet it didn't populate the form with your data either. Also I saw that Ghostery showed the Marketo tracker to be blocked for me, but even after whitelisting I didn't get a result. Which is not surprising btw - sharing of these links often times doesn't work for me.

SanfordWhiteman

which is expected. Yet it didn't populate the form with your data either. Also I saw that Ghostery showed the Marketo tracker to be blocked for me, but even after whitelisting I didn't get a result.

FYI: cookie support is not required for Pre-Fill.

It’s actually better to not have an existing cookie because then it’s impossible for that cookie to be associated with another lead (in which case Pre-Fill is disabled).