Form Prefill from tracked email link is not working

laurenwinter
Level 1

Form Prefill from tracked email link is not working

I have a Form hosted on a Landing Page. A link to the landing page will be included in an email we send to customers.
I would like customers to click the link in the email, navigate to the landing page, and the form have 1 of the fields pre-filled with their customer number.

My customers are synced to Salesforce (SFDC), and I have included the mapped field in the Marketo form, however it is not populating. I have tested this with my own SFDC contact record and ensure that the field is in fact filled in within SFDC. 

The field within the Marketo form has pre-filled enabled, and I have been into the Admin settings to also check that the Landing Page settings have Form prefill enabled.

Any ideas why this field is not populating in my test?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form Prefill from tracked email link is not working

First order of business: copy the tracked link. Open a new Incognito/Private window. Make sure there aren’t any other Incognito windows. Paste the link. What do you see?

SanfordWhiteman

Also, it doesn’t actually matter if the field is filled in “within SFDC” — it matters if it’s filled in in the Marketo database. I trust you’ve already verified that (i.e. that the field is being synced in the 1st place).

SanfordWhiteman

@laurenwinter please check replies in your thread.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Lauren,

just to clarify a couple of things:

1. you've said your form is hosted on a landing page.  Is it a Marketo landing page?
  2. How did you send the test email?  Send sample, or find your record, right click, send email?

Cheers

Jo