Form Prefill from tracked email link doesn't work

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Form Prefill from tracked email link doesn't work

Hi everyone, as you may know, Marketo switched off form prefill in 2019. Marketo says that prefill is still enabled if a lead would receive an email, click the tracked link in the email to arrive at a landing page with a form and then they would have prefill functionality work in a form.

I tried just that, having a lead exist in Marketo, send a real email, click a button to a Marketo landing page and the form doesn’t prefill. The form field is an email field with prefill enabled and not a hidden field.
I tested in two different instances with the same no prefilling results. Either something is missing from my testing scenarios, Marketo is bugging, or the prefill functionality no longer works from Marketo tracked email links.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.31.36 AM (1).png

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form Prefill from tracked email link doesn't work

Works for me as usual.

Does the Landing Page have Pre-Fill enabled (under Landing Page Actions » Form Settings)?

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Thanks for your response and I'm glad to hear that it does work. On my end, prefill is enabled in the landing page admin settings, the landing page's form settings and inside the form field in the form editor and it still doesn't prefill. 😕

SanfordWhiteman

We can look at the instance together if you want. Are you sure the mkt_tok is initially in the URL?

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Thanks I really appreciate that. As it turns out one of the instances had form prefill disabled in the admin settings, which overrides any other prefill setting on landing page or form. Activating the prefill in the admin settings EVENTUALLY made the prefill work. I say eventually because it didn't work immediately, it worked the next day. So there's a delay to have prefill actually activate, I'm not sure how long.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 5.27.22 PM copy.png

The other instance I tested in had prefill enabled everywhere, but has personalized URLs enabled. I read somewhere in the community that personalized URLs could cause prefill not to work and it seems to be true as I can't think of any other reason why the prefill doesn't work in the other instance...

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.43.30 AM.png

SanfordWhiteman

Having pURLs enabled globally doesn't disable Pre-Fill. Let's look at this together, there must be some other explanation.

hagans
Level 2

Hi,

I am having the same issue. How was this resolved?

Thanks,
Sarah

SanfordWhiteman

Please explain your exact issue in a new thread. And double-check your setup to ensure Pre-Fill is enabled at all possible levels (there’s not actually a delay, the setting(s) take place immediately).