SOLVED

Re: Form pre-filled - account number field

Go to solution
Amukhtar
Level 1

Form pre-filled - account number field

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to pre populate the unique account no. associated to each of our client's email address, when they fill out the form. We only want people with a valid account number to fill a particular form so the account number field is mandatory, however we don't want our clients to go through the trouble to fill in the unique number every time they fill that form. What would be the best strategy to go about it?

Amukhtar_0-1642190700894.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amukhtar
Level 1

Thanks for the response @SanfordWhiteman 
There was an email address field in the form, it just did not show in the screenshot. 
We further looked into the strategy and completely agree with what you have mentioned in the response below -
"If manually entering an Email Address were to automatically populate the corresponding Account Number, is that not a security risk? I shouldn’t be able to find out somebody’s AN just by knowing their address."

Apologies on the late come back on the post, I was not sure about how we get notification when there is a reply on the post but now I do. Thanks so much for the response, I really appreciate this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Need some more info here.

Is this Client Account Number a field that’s already populated in Marketo?

If they aren’t entering their Email Address (as you haven’t shown it on the form here) then how would you map their Email Address to the Account Number?

If manually entering an Email Address were to automatically populate the corresponding Account Number, is that not a security risk? I shouldn’t be able to find out somebody’s AN just by knowing their address.

Amukhtar
Level 1

Thanks for the response @SanfordWhiteman 
There was an email address field in the form, it just did not show in the screenshot. 
We further looked into the strategy and completely agree with what you have mentioned in the response below -
"If manually entering an Email Address were to automatically populate the corresponding Account Number, is that not a security risk? I shouldn’t be able to find out somebody’s AN just by knowing their address."

Apologies on the late come back on the post, I was not sure about how we get notification when there is a reply on the post but now I do. Thanks so much for the response, I really appreciate this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Amukhtar please return to your thread and check replies.