SOLVED

Form on pURL creats new user with new unique code if submitted without e-mail-address

Go to solution
WolframLotz
Level 4

Form on pURL creats new user with new unique code if submitted without e-mail-address

Hi everyone, 
I'm starting with the use of pURLs. I already integrated the pURL fix from  so recognizing the user worked pretty fine. I'm able to show lead tokens in the page and work with them in JS as well. 

What confuses me is that in case I send a form from this page without an email address this form submit goes to a new user without referencing the user of the pURL. 

Anybody an idea why this happens? Should it be like that? 

Best regards
Wolfram

P. S.: I know that I can fix this by simply adding the useres email address as hidden field in the form. But I hope to find out if there is kind of a misbehaviour which can/should be fixed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form on pURL creats new user with new unique code if submitted without e-mail-address

This is expected. The pURL is a “weak associator” — it will not override the default behavior of a form without an Email Address. The Munchkin cookie is a “strong associator” in contrast.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form on pURL creats new user with new unique code if submitted without e-mail-address

This is expected. The pURL is a “weak associator” — it will not override the default behavior of a form without an Email Address. The Munchkin cookie is a “strong associator” in contrast.