SOLVED

Re: Form issue: Twitter sign in not pulling in email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form issue: Twitter sign in not pulling in email

Hello folks,

I'm having a small issue. I've got social sign in turned on for a form but it's not working as intended.

The Facebook sign in pulls in all the information it can, but the Twitter one doesn't pull in my email.

Can't seem to figure out why. Any  ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Danish, I checked the traffic flowing back from Twitter and it doesn't include the email address. This is 99% likely to be because Marketo's registered Twitter app isn't allowed to and/or doesn't request permission to read the email (include_email is a special elevated permission).  You should open a support ticket.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

Hi Danish,

Please post a link to a URL w/the form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Here's a link to the page: http://go.hays.com/What-People-Want-Guide.html

SanfordWhiteman

Danish, I checked the traffic flowing back from Twitter and it doesn't include the email address. This is 99% likely to be because Marketo's registered Twitter app isn't allowed to and/or doesn't request permission to read the email (include_email is a special elevated permission).  You should open a support ticket.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Wow. That's a HUGE add their placing on your screen. I've never seen this before...not sure I love the thought of some company I may have never heard of being allowed to read my tweets, update my profile, see my friends, follow people for me and post for me.  Sounds like someone stole my phone!

pastedImage_0.png

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's pretty standard with any app you connect to Twitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social form fill captures the email address only if the person enters it in the form. If you need the email address, you should make it a required field in your formProduct Docs

Additionally, contact your account manager to discuss options for customizing the authorization page.

SanfordWhiteman

Social form fill captures the email address only if the person enters it in the form.

That's a really euphemistic way of saying, "social form fill does not capture the email address."

It's like saying "form prefill only works if the person fills in their information."