SOLVED

Form in a Marketo email.

Go to solution
VKailash
Level 2

Form in a Marketo email.

Hi 

I like to check if anyone in the community had any success in implementing the "form in an email" feature?. I was of this workflow  1.Passing the values in the URL to the "Thank You page" via the "GET" method.

2.Once we have the values on the Thank You Page URL, then we can get the values stored/transferred to the desired database.

Will be interested to know if this is the correct approach or is there a better process to test this interactive form in an email feature?.

Thank you & appreciate your input here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form in a Marketo email.

Actual forms in emails are not supported widely enough to be useful, unless you are incredibly careful about providing fallbacks.

If you mean not a form, but a link with a specific values embedded in it to pass to a form page, not sure why you're using the expression "Thank You URL". You would just pass it to to the form page, where it would be used to fill in fields.

But I strongly discourage auto-submitting a form, even if it appears to have all the required fields, because that means a mail scanner can submit your form. You don't want that! Require human interaction, since it's the humans we care about.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form in a Marketo email.

Actual forms in emails are not supported widely enough to be useful, unless you are incredibly careful about providing fallbacks.

If you mean not a form, but a link with a specific values embedded in it to pass to a form page, not sure why you're using the expression "Thank You URL". You would just pass it to to the form page, where it would be used to fill in fields.

But I strongly discourage auto-submitting a form, even if it appears to have all the required fields, because that means a mail scanner can submit your form. You don't want that! Require human interaction, since it's the humans we care about.