SOLVED

Re: Form Fills are not recorded in Activity Log

Go to solution
Carlito_Jay_Ala
Level 2

Form Fills are not recorded in Activity Log

We are dealing with an intermittent issue where when someone fills out a Marketo form on a Marketo page, it is not showing up on the records Activity Log, which in turn, does not fire the "Fills Out Form" trigger campaign. 

It's kinda hard to replicate as it rarely happens. Support mentioned that it could be a fluke. But we're looking for a specific reason why it's happening. Does anyone else experience the same? Is it really just a fluke or is there any other reason?

stmpjmpr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Moderator's Note: This answer has been edited. It's not correct that the browser cache can affect whether a form filll appears in the Activity Log or not. 

@Carlito_Jay_Ala

This sometimes happens because of the cache stored in the browser. I would suggest trying the form fill out after clearing the cache or try using incognito to see if you are able to track the form fill out or not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi @Carlito_Jay_Ala ,

Are they not appearing at all, or simply delayed? When you check the activity logs several hours later, can you see the activity then?

If someone fills in the form, and it doesn't appear in the activity log, then that would be something I would take up with Support. But watch out for duplicates here - maybe you are looking in the wrong profile based on an email address match.

Carlito_Jay_Ala
Level 2

Thanks for the response @Phillip_Wild.  They are not appearing at all, so not just delayed. We already contacted Support and they mentioned it's a fluke as it happens really rare. The record use was not duped too.

In the end, we're leaning towards believing that it's a fluke as it happens maybe less than 1% of the time. However, it just really bugging me knowing that there's a chance the form fills aren't getting to the record without knowing why.

stmpjmpr
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I have experienced something like this a while back, with the browser of the user filling out the form being the most likely culprit. This was an old version of IE if I remember correctly.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Moderator's Note: This answer has been edited. It's not correct that the browser cache can affect whether a form filll appears in the Activity Log or not. 

@Carlito_Jay_Ala

This sometimes happens because of the cache stored in the browser. I would suggest trying the form fill out after clearing the cache or try using incognito to see if you are able to track the form fill out or not.